April 19th and 20th
Emory University Center for Ethics
Rita Ann Rollins Building Room 102
1531 Dickey Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322
The Center for Ethics and the Emory CREATE Program are excited about hosting a conference that will bring together business leaders and Emory scholars to discuss the connections between businesses, the environment, and sustainability. “Planet, People, Profits: A Conference on Business and the Environment” will include sustainability experts from a diverse group of businesses constructively engaging such questions as:
- What are the costs of adopting environmentally friendly practices? Do they improve profits?
- Does going green improve employee retention or customer loyalty?
- What are the challenges and rewards of environmental stewardship in the international marketplace?
- What environmental concerns are considered when selecting an international manufacturer or distributor?
- What are some of the upcoming environmental challenges that businesses should be considering now, and how might those challenges be addressed?
- What lessons can be shared from attempts to create a greener product, process, or service?
- What is the role of sustainability in the coming decade?
Erika James, PhD
John H. Harland Dean, Goizueta Business School Professor of Organization and Management Emory University